Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Laylah had a bad bad day (to Mary had a little lamb)

So, today Laylah woke up at the normal time, proceeded to do what we do pretty much every morning, but when I got her out of the house and tried to put her in the car full scale rebellion. She screamed, she twisted, she struggled, she kicked. She'd been excited all week to go to Boobie Wee, this being La Leche League Meetings, but when we were finally on our way she was having none of it. Now, being her mother I knew that when we actually got moving and got there she'd enjoy herself, so I got her in the seat and we left. Boy was I wrong! She started crying again as soon as we got there and we had to sit in the hall outside to calm her down. We did end up going to the meeting and she did have fun for about forty minutes with the other rugrats, but after that she started to tell me, "GO HOME!" so we left. I figured she needed a nap since she hasn't had a good one for the last couple of days. We got home and the screaming started again, she did not want to nap in her room she wanted to nap with mommy. So I lay down with her in our bed, thought she was going to sleep, but after about fifteen minutes, she said, "Wake UP!" and was off the bed. I got her back in her room with the idea of a story, and after three she finally consented to go night night in her crib. This lasted about forty minutes. Now, a good nap for Laylah is usually about an hour 1/2 so forty minutes is a not good nap. But she had a poopie and woke up. Any ideas on how to change the times of her bowel movements so as not to interfere with nap would be welcome. This seems to be her time of day to go and it inevitably wakes her up. Sometimes I can get her to go back to sleep after changing but mostly not. Today, not. So then she wanted oatmeal, which I made, which she refused to eat. So I cut up an apple and some cheese, to which she said she wanted nooddles, which I made, to which she said she wanted oatmeal. Each with screaming. She finally ended up eating the noodles. Then she wanted to watch Letter Factory, but in Mommy's bed, so I had to get into bed with her and watch it, which was fine, I needed a break. Anyway, now she's happily, for now, playing with her shape sorter and watching Caillou while I type. I'm hoping the tantrums are over but I await dinner making time with severe trepidation. Tomorrow is Gymboree, Kroger's and Library. Hopefully in a better mood. Maybe Daddy will cheer her up? If only daddy had boobies. Seriously, I'm thinking of asking Brandon to get fake boobs for Laylah to play with, they may not lactate but they'd be fun to cuddle with. Too bad he'd say no and it would probably affect his job, what with having to appear in court and not being obese and all. Obese dads have all the advantages.
I did finish a sewing project while she took her half nap. I'll talk about it more later, it is super cute, a little critter. It's for a birthday present so I can't discuss until after the birthday but I'm gonna take a picture. I made it all up, no pattern. Hope birthday girl likes it. If I had more time this could become a business, but as it is...
Gotta go attempt dinner now. Wish me luck. Here is the song version of our day:
Laylah had a bad bad day,
a bad bad day
a bad bad day
Laylah had a bad bad day,
She needs to take a nap!

No comments: