Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ugh, followed by Vicodin

So, I've gone to the endodontist, he was good, friendly, put lots of numbing stuff in my gums so I didn't feel anything, but (there's always a but) now my mouth really hurts four hours later. Turns out the dentist who originally did my root canal fourteen years ago didn't do it right and left part of the roots in there which lead to this whole disaster. There is an infection in there that he's hoping will resolve itself after he's done redoing everything, which means I need two more appointments, yay. But if the infection doesn't go away he may have to pull the tooth, which I'm all for, the stupid things has caused enough problems, however, I also don't want to pay for it. OH, and vicodin doesn't work very well. I have an order of pain medicine program to follow, first advil, then vicodin, then percocet. Right now I'm on the vicodin, it's ok, but I'm wondering what kind of agony I'd be in if I had not taken it because it still hurts pretty bad. Not percocet bad yet, but bad. Oh, and I can't eat on that side of my mouth for three weeks. On the weekend of Thanksgiving. Super timing right? One good thing is that we found a great babysitter through all of this, which leads me to believe the saying about something being harder than pulling teeth. She played with Laylah and they got along so well that Laylah gave her a hug and kiss when she left. This is unheard of! We are totally gonna use her again. After I got home I had to get my prescriptions filled, so we went to Kroger and then Choo-choo Bike (toys r us). We had to get more bath paints and Laylah stayed good at Kroger through waiting for my meds with the promise of choo-choo bike. She loves that place. Gave me some ideas of what we'll get her for christmas too. But I think I might try Walmart cause they apparently have super prices this season on toys. When we got home Laylah took a good long nap giving me the chance to gingerly eat some pringles (they have pickle kind right now, my fave!) and read my book. I'm currently reading a Joanna Fluke book. She writes mysteries about a Cookie Shop owner and after almost every chapter is a really yummy recipe, I've tried several and they are really good. The stories are really cute too. I've gotten the last two from the Library. I'd totally recommend them. This one is called the Key Lime Pie Murder, they're just cute. Now time to play and try to ignore my tooth. I hope all of you have wonderfully healthy teeth and can eat on both sides of your mouth for Thanksgiving!

No comments: