Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving/Birthday and now Christmas?

So, I have not updated in about a week so I have a lot to say and not much time to say it. Thanksgiving was my 31st Birthday. We spent the day at home, I cooked and cleaned the day before so I didn't have too much to do. We got some pre-made stuff from Trader Joe's and a pre-brined Turkey. I made Sausage balls, Apple Bread, Tukey with dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread, cranberry orange relish, and apple pie, I think. It was a busy day but fun one, got to play with Laylah, take a bubble bath, talk to family, and I got presents! Then Friday we got out early and took the Marta (the train) to the High Art Museum where they are having a DaVinci Exhibit. Laylah loved the train, she calls it the Daddy Train because Brandon takes it to work. The exhibit was actually really good and I'm even more impressed by the collection in general there. They also have a lot for little ones including a differnt craft that goes with something in the museum every week, and a special play area for them with all sorts of art related stuff. We made a DaVinci invention and a tin-foil horse with Laylah. They also have a two story horse outside to advertise the exhibit which Laylah was entranced by. She was actually really good and I think she's getting a fascination for art, we paint almost every day and she loves doing one side of the page and folding it to see the pattern, she always says, "So Pretty!" I guess I'm praising her efforts quite well. She also paints and colors in the bath and draws with crayones and markers several times a day. Maybe I've passed on that love of art gene. After the museum we went home and spent the rest of the day relaxing, eating. Saturday we went to Marietta to the GWTW museum there. They also had a farmer's market going on in the town square and a little playground with a train that had a slide coming out of it, so you can guess where this leads. The market had lots of yummy treats to sample and I even got a free cookie for guessing the correct spice, it was Cardamon, which I thought was pretty obvious but they said I was the only one to guess correctly. The museum itself was fun but they didn't have as much stuff as I thought they would. Mostly old copies of the book in several languages, a couple of movie props and lots and lots of GWTW doodads through the years. Laylah was not impressed, oh well. We likes Marietta though, cute town square, cute shops. That afternoon we went to Walmart cause I needed more christmas lights and there was one on the way home, remind me never to go to Walmart again!!!! The People of Walmart website is soooo right. Then we had to go to the library to return books and we got several christmas stories to get Laylah excited. Sunday we had good intentions of spending a lazy morning at home, Laylah however, wasn't up for that and wouldn't take a nap, so we decided to go ahead and get a Christmas Tree. We went to berry Patch Farms and cut our own tree. A Leyland (sp?) Cyprus, so it doesn't have needles and it pegged as the perfect tree to have around younguns. We got a four footer, Laylah picked it out. Then she played at the playground on the fram and we got funnle cake. We decorated the tree after we got home. I made some cookies and we have crackers and cheese and hot chocolate as snacks. We put on music and went to town. Laylah helped too and we got some good video and pictures. It was a great weekend, if busy. Seems very traditional to me. This week so far we've completed the decorating, started the christmas cards, started maing the home-made gifts, made a list of the cookies I'll make next week, and went to Gymboree and Boobie Wee. This afternoon I think we'll take a break and go to the children's museum or Aquarium, if I get the chance to shower anyway, which reminds me....Bye!

No comments: