Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Over doing but not done?

I don't know how I get into this every year. Probably from the general belief that I have to do everything without help, not that I'm realistically expecting help to come, afterall someone has to work for our living, but GOD, I am so tired of the Holidays! I'm thinking that maybe if I start everything in July by the time Thanksgiving comes around I'll be done and prepared and then I won't have to do anything but enjoy myself, but how can you bake eight types of cookies in July and have them good do Christmas? What if something happens between July and November that should be in the christmas letter? maybe I can do the crafts and gifts, but frankly after this I'm almost willing to say screw it and just get everything online. Not that I don't get a lot online, but due to financial issues, and because I mistakenly thought ooh making crafty gifts will be easy! We made lots of home-made stuff. Not to say it wasn't fun, but when you have five co-workers, two ex-co-workers, brothers, in-laws, grandparents, friends and immediate family to make stuff for, it adds up. The making the stuff isn't even the issue, again that was fun, Laylah was great, did beautiful things and made me smile, it's organizing what goes where, to whom, how many cookies go in which container for whoever they are for, AHHHHHHHH! and I'm still not done! I feel like I'm totally behind and I swear I can't go faster. Ok, yes, we have taken "breaks" to go to the aquarium three times in the last two weeks, the children's museum, the usual Gymboree and boobie-wees, but still, every moment not doing that I was doing this! Now i've missed the supposed easy time to send stuff at the PO, meaning the time when lines aren't forty deep at all times of day, and now I have to plan that visit like going to war. Here's the plan: Thursday after nap everything WILL be packaged and ready to go. I will get out Laylah's big stroller (which we have not used in forever) drive to the PO, stuff as much as I can around, in and on top of the stroller, put Laylah in there somewhere, then I'm gonna set up our mini DVD player with Christmas Elmo and strap it to the little snack tray thingy that the big stroller comes with, and with many snacks and promises of candy and going to Toys R Us afterwards, brave the PO to send out home made goodies. Thankfully I'm only sending three packages, big ones though so I hope they fit. If there is one person in that line that has a stupid question I might lose it! I'm hoping this will work and it will go smoothly and I'll hit the PO at a time after lunch rush before after work rush and maybe, maybe there will only be two people in line. Wish me luck, pray for me, bow down to whatever God you worship that we all get out alive, oh, and our christmas gifts get to where they are going by christmas.
After Thursday, I'm DONE! no more! Well except planning christmas dinner, finding a sparkly pair of princess shoes promised from Santa, getting my tooth fixed, hosting two dinner parties, going to three playgroups, a cookie-exchange, and paying the bills, doing the laundry, feeding everyone, making the beds, maybe showering once or twice, baking more cookies, wrapping presents....nevermind, I'll never be done.

No comments: