Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Carolers in the car

So, is it bad that I had a hard time spelling carolers? I totally thought there should be something doubled in there. Anyway, I've been singing a lot lately with Laylah and trying to teach her some carols. She's gotten pretty good and jingle bells and recognizes it when it comes on wherever we are. Today on the way to Boobie-wee we were in the car and I was singing with the radio and asking her to sing with me, it was kind of a jazzy version of "It's Cold outside" and so she started singing, This is what she said, "booboo, be, ba, ba boo, da be, boo boo, be baaaa!" all the way to boobie-wee. It was hilarious, just going along with the song, she didn't know the words so she just boo-booped along to it and nodded her head. It was tooooo cute! I was almost crying I was laughing. She has also, without any kind of encouragement from me or her father, to my knowledge we've never said this in the car and haven't told her to say it, started saying, "Are we there yet?" specifically at one point on the highway on the way to downtown, usually to the aquarium or children's museum. At first I have a hard time understand her, she'd never said it before, and when I got it I was totally in shock! How did this happen? How did my child, without prior knowledge, pick up the most renowned annoying thing to say for a child in the car ever? I have no idea, but it was really cute and funny, and so far not annoying. She does only ask once though, so far, so I guess I'll enjoy that while it lasts. Isn't she a hoot? Today we're going to a Polar Express Party in our PJs. Hopefully she'll enjoy it. We'll sing all the way there! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.