Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Crafty Goddess

Yes, that's me. I've crowned (does a goddess get crowned? ordained? dieified (how the heck do you spell that word???)?) Anyway, myself the crafty goddess. As you've all learned by now I've been making a lot of home made christmas presents. Which reminds me, Christina, I will get you those pictures of us for your thing, I'm just having issues right now getting to the pictures on the laptop because Brandon has put them all on an external hard drive and saved them who knows where and then when I import new ones they all go to the same place and I can't find them!!!! Anyway again, so today started out kind of icky because I had yet another dentist appointment, never quite as fun as you hope. When I got home Laylah was in full art mode as the babysitter had been coloring with her and they were tracing their hands. Laylah wanted me to continue this so I decided it was the perfect time to try out a new crafty thing I'd thought up, Christmas tree Feet! hehehehehe. You'll think this is genius! To explain, we made Rudolph hands earlier in Dec by tracing her hands onto brown felt and then having the thumb be the head and the fingers the legs. I added a red cotton ball thingy for a nose, added a tail and pipe-cleaner antlers, and a googly eye. Then put another pipe-cleaner on the back for a hook. They were super cute and a great memory of making them and seeing in however many years how much her hands have grown. So with the same inspiration I thought hey, I haven't done anything with her feet! So today we traced her feet, she loved this and helped with the marker, onto green sparkly felt, added a brown stump at the bottom (the toes) and then decorated them with pipe-cleaner gold star, tinsel, and sequens for balls. She loved it, of course she also spread about a pound of various sized and colored sequens all over the carpet, but she did help clean them up after. We put another pipe-cleaner on the back for a hook and there ya go, Christmas tree feet! They are super cute and now we have feet and hands to mark christmas 2009. Next year I'll have to come up with something new, can't have twenty rudolph's in various sizes and nothing else. Maybe Santa feet? mouse hands? who knows? by the time she's 18 we'll have every variation I can come up with. hehehe. It was fun though. Too bad I didn't think of it in time to send them with the other stuff for christmas presents, but maybe for reyes. Mom, Dad and Jane disregard that last, you do not know what you are getting from us for three kings and you will be very surprised and delighted when you receive whatever it is. :) Little miss Christmas Tree Feet herself has awoken from her very short nap so I shall wish you all a good day and a Silent Night!

1 comment:

Grandma Graves said...

Too cute Give Laylah a big hug and kiss Craft Queen